Today I had too much time on my hands and went to Taylor Marsh’s blog and MyDD to read what they had to say about Obama. Of course, I knew that both of those sites were full of Obama-haters, but the level of their vitriol against Obama and his supporters made me feel like I was visiting Free Republic. If you’re not familiar with these sites, you’re forgiven.
Free Republic (its denizens are known as Freepers) is a right-wing web site dedicated to all things Republican. They’re not known as an especially literate crowd and they have some beliefs that can kindly be called extreme. When I want to know what the Neanderthal right thinks about a particular issue, I log on to Free Republic.
Taylor Marsh hosts a radio program and calls herself “the antidote to right-wing talk.” Before this primary season, I had never heard of her, but she’s seemed to make a name for herself as a rabid anti-Obama, pro-Hillary hack. The posters on her blog are ostensible Democrats, but they always seem to be in a frenzy of Obama-hate.MyDd is a formerly respectable Democratic blog that has morphed into an Obama hit site.
So lets’s play “Freeper, MyDDer, or Marshista?”
You be the judge on each of these:
- “He is a complete charlatan and like all those who decieve, the time always eventually comes when people SPEAK UP and EXPOSE the lies and deception.”
- “One day this will all hit the fan. The emotion will die down and the crimes will surface. This thing may blow over like Michael Jackson’s career.”
- “Somehow I don’t think a halfrican marxist coke snorting bisexual with ties to the nation of islam AND the weather underground will make a very good top of the ticket.”
- “I get a rash every time I read about this vapid empty suit.”
- “What sad is that Obama isn’t even legally an African American, he is Arab American.”
- “Obamarishi cult followers.”
- Obama = petty politics